The Facebook Breastfeed Chicago group provides mother-to-mother support for breastfeeding-related issues. As a member of this online group:
- You acknowledge that information and opinions posted do NOT necessarily reflect the views of Breastfeed Chicago. Neither Breastfeed Chicago, the group, nor the administrators are in any way responsible or liable for advice or information given on the forum.
- You agree to contact your HEALTH CARE PROVIDER if you have a health-related question. We are not medical professionals, and we are not responsible for the decisions you make. This includes seeking advice for formula recommendations or alternative formulas. We cannot give you advice on this decision. If you need information to take to your doctor regarding your breastfeeding relationship, we will be happy to help you find that.
- You acknowledge that this online forum does not replace IN-PERSON BREASFEEDING SUPPORT from someone like an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consulatant) or a trained breastfeeding counselor or leader. We have a listing of independent IBCLCs here: //breastfeedchicago.org/lactation-consulta…/ and we have a map of breastfeeding support groups here: //breastfeedchicago.org/breastfeeding-supp…/
- You agree to RESPECT others’ opinions and parenting practices. We are all different people, bringing up different children, and we have the right to make our own choices. When offering alternate views, please do so with respect. If you are given advice, take what you need and leave the rest.
- You agree to keep the topic of conversation on BREASTFEEDING. Moderators will most likely delete non-breastfeeding related posts. Spam and advertisements will be deleted, and the poster will be banned from the group. Not sure if it’s OK to post something? Contact an administrator first.
- You agree to make this group a SUPPORTIVE, POSITIVE environment for other mothers. Sharing screen shots outside of the group is prohibited and will result in a permanent ban from the group. Don’t say anything that you wouldn’t say in front of your own kid… or mother… Be nice.
- Have an issue? Please contact an administrator.